Instructor: EANE Staff
|Feb 26, 2019||8:30am - 4:30pm||HR011.190226A||Agawam, MA||REGISTER NOW|
|Jul 30, 2019||8:30am - 4:30pm||HR011.190730CRI||Cranston, RI||REGISTER NOW|
|Nov 19, 2019||8:30am - 4:30pm||HR011.191119WALL||Wallingford, CT||REGISTER NOW|
We frequently walk a fine line of compassion for employees with medical conditions and protecting our companies from abuse of leave situations. Your organization's policies and practices need to comply with the increasingly complex web of Federal and State laws and regulations. In this class, you’ll explore a roadmap through the intricate compliance issues involved in managing employees with medical conditions. You’ll analyze an actual situation and test the effectiveness of your organization's policies, forms and procedures. In a non-threatening environment, you'll discuss and evaluate the effectiveness of your tools and leave administration practices. The program content is fluid and will reflect current legal and regulatory activity.
NOTE: Approximately one week before the workshop, EANE will distribute details of the specific situation to be discussed. You’re expected to bring the forms and policies you currently use to manage the leave to the workshop.
HR professionals and managers who possess a basic understanding of the Family and Medical Leave Act, ADA Amendments Act and Workers Compensation Laws, and are responsible for managing attendance and leave of absences within their organization.
• Understand the overlapping requirements and responsibilities of FMLA, ADAAA and Workers Compensation
• Apply practical solutions to tough situations such as using FMLA to avoid undesirable work, suspicious leave patterns, overly broad medical certification and openly abusive leaves
• Understand and apply compensation and benefit requirements of the leaves and your policies
• Understand the actions necessary to bring a regular or extended leave to a conclusion
• Identify key problem areas with your organization's forms, policies and procedures
HRCI & SHRM Credits: 6.50
Improve Performance Through Self Awareness - Agawam, MA
This half-day program will help you understand how you work with others and how others perceive you.
Principles of Leadership for Supervisors & Managers - Auburn, MA
Give new and less experienced supervisors and managers a thorough knowledge of the skills and behaviors critical to leadership success.
HR Essentials - 3-Day Series - Wallingford, CT
A broad overview of the current HR body of knowledge in a fact-packed, three-day program.