Instructor: Patti D'Amaddio
How does your organization determine how much to pay positions within your organization? In today's labor market, all employers must establish base pay structures and salary administration guidelines that support internal pay equity and external pay competitiveness.
Explore the overall practice of compensation management including basic plan design elements, determining your organization's compensation philosophy, job description composition, base and variable pay systems, and the basics for establishing and administering wages and salaries. You will gain an understanding of the principles behind an effective compensation plan design and salary administration, and have hands on practice performing position evaluations.
Human Resource professionals, finance professionals or others involved with, or responsible for the development of compensation plan design within their organization
• Learn the importance of a total compensation philosophy and how to define it for your organization
• Learn how to evaluate and compose accurate, valid and legally compliant position descriptions
• Learn the different approaches to position evaluation
• Learn how to develop a base pay system
• Analyze current pay practices to meet total compensation objectives
HRCI & SHRM Credits: 6.50
Leadership Skills for Lead People - Wallingford, CT
Where the rubber meets the road. Two days of leadership skills for lead people.
Winning the War for Talent - Agawam, MA
The war for talent is a war you can win. We will explore techniques and technologies for: Sourcing recruiting, social medium & mobile apps.
Assertiveness: The Art Of Tactful Communication - Agawam, MA
You’ll build skills to help express your feelings and make requests in an appropriately assertive manner.