Implementing a new Paid Family and Medical Leave program; and making changes to the state’s minimum wage and blue laws, the Massachusetts “Grand Bargain” legislation is no bargain at all and will impact virtually all Massachusetts employers.
Join Mark R. Adams, SPHR and John Gannon from Skoler, Abbott & Presser, P.C. as they go over the scope and impact of this controversial legislation including:
- How the increased minimum wage will be phased in over the next few years.
- The elimination of time-and-a-half Sunday/holiday pay for retail employees.
- How to prepare for paid family leave.
- Which employees will be able to take paid leave, when they can take it and how much will they be paid.
- How to plan for extended employee absences.
- New employee protections for those who take and return from leave.
- Penalties for retaliating against employees who take family leave.
- The cost to organizations.
If you are a Massachusetts employer, it's not a webinar you can afford to miss.
Monday, August 13th 3:00pm – 4:30pm
HRCI & SHRM Credits: 1.5